Thursday, September 2, 2010

Humanchines?!

To what extent is what we call "occupation" or "jobs for pay" still itself without becoming slavery or indentured servitude? In Herman Melville's "The Tartarus of Maids", females are exploited of their physical labor and then also for their sexual organs. They work just so they can live, and they live just to work. Is all this exploitation really worth even living? I know God gave life to all and it should be valued as precious. God wouldn't have wanted women to live just so they could work for cheap salaries and so they could be exploited sexually. This applies to life today as well. Some people just work so they can go home and eat and sleep and then go back to work the next day. Essentially, they are only working to stay alive and improve their company but what's the point if they don't get to enjoy life itself. Life, in most cases, is just a system. One is born, goes to school, gets a job and a family, and grows old. Then HIS offspring do the same, as do THEIR offspring. Hmmmm...so what IS the meaning of life? To have fun? To continuously "improve" the world? I have NO idea but I DO know that I trust God with my life and I know he will do with me what is best.

No comments:

Post a Comment