Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Stress
I am really stressed out about my future right now. Should I do research? Should I co-op? Should I intern? Should I study abroad? Should I work abroad? Stress is such a big thing in all of our lives, especially those of us who attend Georgia Tech. Robots are lucky that they don't feel stress. They don't have to worry about failing or what they have to do in the future. They only do what they are programmed to do and if they fail, then humans are the ones who have to work to fix them. I feel like we take stress for granted. Of course we hate being stressed, but it causes us to work harder and changes the paces of our lives. If we didn't have stress, we would live at the same pace all the time, which would get boring. I feel this would make us miss stress in the future if robots do everything for us. We never realize what we have until we lose it. This cliche proves very true and if we lose all the privileges and things we do now, then we will regret letting technology take over and we will miss our old human lives. What do we do? We hate to be stressed but if we let technology take over, we will miss it. We hate physically working hard, but if we let technology take over, we will become obese. We hate having to carry several things, but if we have everything in the form of technology, we will lose culture. Technology can be good but evil at the same time. It is up to us and how much we use and depend on technology that determines what will happen to us humans in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment