Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Is it THAT Cool if You Cry?

So I went to a Praise & Worship event, which is an event in which a band plays Christian music and in which an adoration session is held for those attending to pray, at my girlfriend's church. At first, I was kind of being a douchebag by not actively participating in the festivities. I just sat outside the action, observing the kids do their activities. Then, one of my new friends, with whom I had just become friends the day before, recognized that my girlfriend and I had gotten into a fight and talked to me about it. She is a relatively good friend of my girlfriend and told me to stop being so stubborn and to actually hang out and participate because my girlfriend just wanted to be with me. So I got over my stubbornness and actively participated. I really got into the music and started performing the body motions that go with the songs. Often, people do not participate because they think they are cool. That is NOT why I didn't participate at first. I didn't participate at first because I was tired from staying up late the night before. But I got over it and then got into the action. Anyways, people often just show up at events and just try to look cool and just stand around hoping for someone to approach them and try to make friends with them. Often, they just walk around with earphones in their ears trying to show off they have an iPod.
ANYWAYS, to the REAL topic of the blog. During the adoration session, in which we pray intently with a Eucharistic host in the middle of the room, several people started to cry because they recognized their faults and sins. I even cried myself a bit. But some of these little middle school girls tried to SHOW OFF that they were crying. I can imagine they actually felt some sentimental feelings at one point but after that initial tear, they just kept TRYING to cry. I assume this is to show off how "religious" they are and how close they are to God. I saw right through them. I could tell that they were only crying so that others could see them because I saw them actively looking around trying to see if people were looking at them. Why do people insist on caring about what others think about them? Why do people NEED others to know how religious they are? Why do people NEED others to think they are cool? I think it's all bullshit and I just do what I want or what I think will be good for my future. Stupid fakes!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment