Friday, October 29, 2010

Cyborg Sex

PART 1:So in Health today, we were learning about sexuality and how the body works during sex and the sexually transmitted diseases that can be distributed. On my way to my Chemistry class, I began to think and I thought of how cyborgs or robots would have sex. I don't think there would be any pleasure or intimacy involved. So if we WERE to become cyborgs, we would have metal all in our bodies from letting technology take over. Would sex be nice if this were the case? We'd have metal rapping with metal making "cling"ing noises. One would not enjoy the tough of the other's flesh. One would feel cold hard metal against one's body, which is cold and metallic itself. How would babies be born? Not through union of the sperm and egg I assume. I imagine only having offspring through technology. Maybe no babies would even be born, maybe they would just be created in adult form because I don't think robots and actually develop and "grow up". I realized that if people get technological devices installed for body parts, the sexual organs might be some of the last to be replaced, but at the rate at which people are becoming dependent on technology now, I can imagine that this might eventually happen. I can't believe I haven't thought about this before.

PART 2: Okay, so I gave my little rant about metal sex. Now time for some morality. What ever happened to the intimacy and the true meaning of sex? What happened to abstinence and waiting for the special moment? What happened to sex meaning love rather than fun or pleasure? I understand that some people may say, "What's so special about it? Don't put the _____ on a pedestal," but really have we lost our morals? I myself am abstinent and I will wait to have sex with my wife if that is God's plan. I don't think it's just right to hook up with random people or people one is just friends with just for one night. This makes us like animals. Animals have sex because it's their nature; they need to reproduce. But I feel for humans, because we have a conscience, sex is A LOT more than just reproducing. It's A LOT more than pleasure. It's love. I understand that I may be coming off as a soft, over-dramatic, emotional person, but this is what I feel. Having sex just for fun makes us like animals and diminishes the point of God giving us consciences and the ability to think and to abstain from anything we do not wish to do or that we shouldn't do. I'm not saying I am all holy and saintlike all the time, because I am definitely not. I just think people should think more of the things they do rather than to just do it for pleasure, or to have fun, or to seem like a badass for their friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment