Monday, October 11, 2010

School

School is so frustrating. I hate Health 1040. The instructor takes it too seriously. I mean come on, it's Health. We've been taking it forever since Elementary school and it hasn't changed. Yeah we know to exercise and eat right and not to do drugs or drink alcohol or to become bulimic or anorexic. We know that we need 30 minutes of exercise a day and that we should cut down on saturated and trans fats. I made a 78 on my first test and I am going for all A's this semester. This is so dumb because I hardly studied for the test because its freaking Health. Anyways, Calculus 2 is kicking my ass. I guess I haven't really been putting in time but still, I used to be awesome at math and here at Tech, it's difficult. I think it's because the professor likes to prove everything in variables and letters and I like to see problems in numbers to better understand it. It's even worse that my Calc class is at 1, right after I eat lunch. So I am SO tired during lecture. Maybe this is why I've been slacking in my English blogs. I am behind in the number of blogs needed and I need to catch up.

On top of my schoolwork, I am pledging a fraternity, which takes a lot of time. I have weekly quizzes which I have to read for and I have to get signatures from all of the brothers by interviewing them and trying to get to know them more deeply. Each conversation takes about 1-2 hours and there are dozens of brothers!!! Also, I try to go home every week to keep in touch with my family friends and church. I am involved in the Youth Eucharistic Leadership Group at my church and I am trying to become a Leader. *Sigh*. I suppose I am just venting and that everyone else has as much work as I do or even more. School is just pissing me off and I guess I have to get my shit together and work harder and more efficiently. My high school soccer coach Michael Berry once said, "We do what we have to to live the way we want to." This proves SO very true and I have to recognize it and to do better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment