Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Robots Playing the Piano

For my IAE, I think I'll make a paper robot playing a paper piano. In my opinion, I feel this offers a big contradiction. Robots don't play the piano. Self-playing pianos play the piano, so is that considered a robot? Anyway, I thought I make the robot a cyborg with robotic body parts, but his face shows emotion. One cannot play the piano without instilling some emotion. At least a GOOD pianist cannot play the piano without emotion. It is human nature.

I feel that doing this will help create a bit of tension to show how people are continuing to evolve into cyborgs and that things should be done to prevent this evolution. I am trying to suggest that people will be unhappy once technology has overtaken our lives because that's how I see it will happen. Like in the movies, people will forget nature and the beauty of the world just so things will be easier for them. A cyborg playing the piano shows that physically the "person" is a technological medley of body parts while emotionally and mentally, he is still human. This is how I see the "evolution" of humans toward cyborgs to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment